- Write it Short: Remember that many visitors will arrive at your website by typing your address directly into their browser bar. Aim for 20 characters or less to maximize your type-in traffic
- Be Simple and Obvious: Make sure your domain is easy to remember and spell. If possible, it’s best to err on the side of being straightforward.
- Avoid Numerals, Underscores and Hyphens If You Can: Adding numbers and non-alphabet characters to your domain name can cause confusion likely to result in lost traffic to your site.
- Consider Keywords and Cleverness: If your top domain choice is not available, consider adding a descriptive keyword as a starting point to brainstorm alternative ideas.
- Register Your Domain for Multiple Years: If your budget permits, registering your domain for multiple years can help your site rank higher with search engines like Google,Yahoo, Mozilla and secure the investment in your website bran